Tigernut, Raisins and Almond Rusks
- 1 ½ cup tiger nut flour
- 2 ½ cups self-raising or whole wheat flour (gluten-free like buckwheat, rye or millet can be used)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup pre-roasted almonds
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2cup coconut oil or olive oil
- ¾ cup coconut milk or full-fat cream
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup flax seed flour mixed with equal amounts of water for a flax seed “egg”
- 1/2 tsp salt
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the flours, sugar, raisins, shredded coconut, nuts, and the salt.
- In a separate bowl add in the oil, coconut milk, vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar and flax seed “egg”.
- Mix the wet in to the dry and then scoop into pre-smeared bread tins or rusk tin of preference, decorate with extra shredded coconut, and chopped almonds.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until brown on top and leave to cool before slicing into fingers.
- Place on a baking tray to dry out for about two hours at 100 degrees Celsius.
- Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.